Your Rights and Responsibilities
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES ARE
- To pay the Meals on Wheels Service for your meals.
- To advise the Meals on Wheels Service if you are not going to be home when the meal is delivered. (If you are not home when the volunteer arrives, the meal will not be left).
- To advise the Meals on Wheels Service if you are going to be absent for any short or extended time.
- To advise the Meals on Wheels Service of your special dietary needs.
- To correctly store your meal immediately if not eaten straight away.
- You have a right to express your concerns about the service without fear of losing the service.
- You have a right to have your complaints dealt with fairly and promptly.
- You have a right to be represented by an Advocate of your choice.
- You have a right to be assessed to receive meals without discrimination.
- You have a right to have your specific dietary requirements met where possible.
- You have a right to privacy and confidentiality.
- You can expect that no information about you will be provided to anyone else outside the service without your permission.
- You have a right to view any information about yourself held by the service.
- You have a right to refuse the service without retribution.
For further information please contact us on 1300 90 97 90 or your local Meals on Wheels Service.
CODE OF CONDUCT as set by QMOW (Queensland Meals on Wheels)
Who is the Code for?
Board members, employees, volunteers and member services who will demonstrate to clients, the
community and government that they uphold best
practice principles, standards and a commitment to
The Aim of the Code
The Queensland Meals on Wheels Services Association Incorporated (QMOW) Code of Conduct defines
and promotes ethical principles to guide QMOW Board members, emp
loyees, volunteers, member services
and members of the public to a clear understanding and expectations of what is considered acceptable
conduct by QMOW Board members, employees and member services. Membership of QMOW requires
member services to uphold the
visions, mission and values of QMOW.
The Code of Conduct
In adhering to the Code,
Board members, employees, volunteers and member services
• be open and honest at all times
•be respectful and courteous in their dealings with all clients/customers
•inform clients/customers of their rights, obligations and entitlements
•ensure that provision of information is current, accurate, impartial and consistent
•refrain from making false or misleading statements to clients/customers
•refrain from using language that is of an abusive, offensive or sexual nature in any forms of communication
•not tolerate any forms of racial, religious or gender discrimination
•be easy to contact by telephone, facsimile and email during documented business hours
•respond quickly and accurately to requests for information eg client, meal and volunteer numbers
•communicate in a professional manner in all verbal and written forms of communication, including telephone, letter and email
•conduct business in accordance with Commonwealth, State and Local government laws and regulations
•comply with all terms and conditions of Commonwealth, State and Local government grant agreements
•work safely and apply industry best practice to the health, safety and wellbeing of employees , clients,suppliers and communities
•not be involved in corrupt practices, bribery, discrimination or similar improper behaviour
•act ethically and with integrity, decency and respect for the community and the environment
•treat complaints seriously, learn from them, maintain a Complaints Register and publicise the complaints handling process
•work collaboratively for the benefit of all Meals on Wheels services in Queensland, and not act in a way that will negatively impact any member service
•maintain financial viability and abide by the ACNC Good Governance Standards
•ensure all use of the trademark ‘Meals on Wheels’ and the associated logo complies with the requirements of Australian Meals on Wheels Association Inc, and as directed by the QMOW Board.
Compliance with the Code
Payment of annual membership contributions by member services will include acknowledgement of adherence to the Code of Conduct. Board members will be required to acknowledge adherence to the Code of Conduct upon joining the Board. Employees and volunteers will have the Code of Conduct included interms and conditions of employement/volunteering.
Date - 19/10/17